Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lindsey Buckingham @ Lorain Palace Theater

I never really expected I'd get to see LB on this tour.  When he announced an Ohio date I was pumped, but really didn't expect I'd find someone to go with me.  Last minute though, I found someone.  A dream was about to come true. 

Oh, LINDSEY!!!

The night couldn't have been more beautiful.  The Ohio weather is gorgeous for this time of year.  Lorain Palace Theater is about an hour and fifteen minutes away from my house.  Parking was a bit of a nightmare, but we managed to sit down in our seats about 2 minutes before Lindsey walked out on the stage.  Perfect timing for this perfect night.  

 I follow all Lindsey news, so I already knew the setlist.  I didn't memorize it, but I had a good idea of what he was going to be playing.  I actually forgot he was doing Big Love, so I did have a nice surprise when he busted out Big Love.  It's one of my all time favorite guitar pieces.  I even got a really good video of it! 


The acoustics in this place were super!  I'm sure his equipment is pretty killer too, but he sounded great.  So crisp and clean.  I've watched many live videos of Lindsey and knew he sounded fantastic live, but actually being there made him sound 100 times better.  He nailed every song only getting winded after his ridiculous "I'm So Afraid" solo.

He started the show as he stated he started himself.  Just a boy and a guitar.  It was so mesmerizing and did I mention Lindsey Buckingham can play the heck out of a guitar?  I watched his fingers and was completely blown away.  It pretty much seemed LB switched guitars for every single song.  I know that is a little bit of over exaggeration, but honestly he played 5 or 6 different ones!  I drooled over every single one.  He brought out his band and things really started to liven up during the Fleetwood Mac favorite, TUSK!  People left their seats and stormed the stage where they would stay the rest of the night.  Lindsey nor the venue staff seemed to care.  I myself even got up there for a while.  I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to get as close as I could to Mr. Buckingham.  It was a blast.  The audience was fantastic.  They expressed their love for Lindsey after every song.  One woman started an "I Love you" train.  Lindsey turned it into a humorous event.  He gave the first woman a very shy, very curious "I Love you too" after searching through the bright lights to find her.  It was adorable.  I'm jealous I didn't receive an adorable "I love you too" from Lindsey.  Then, when all the females in the audience started telling him they loved him more, Lindsey stated that maybe we should all get together after the show.  He really has a nice sense of humor.

He received many many standing O's the entire night.  Well deserved.  He played his heart out like always.  Lindsey's age certainly doesn't restrict him from putting on a terrific energetic show.  The entire night felt like a dream.  2 hours wasn't enough Lindsey time.  I can't wait until I get to see him again.  With or without Fleetwood Mac.  He remains one of my all time favorite musicians.  Seeds We Sow is an amazing album and I really wish more of today's artists would follow in his footsteps.  He has a huge heart for music and he gives 110%.
Lindsey and his "Brothas!"


The final song was an only Lindsey acoustic performance of the title track off of his new album, called Seeds We Sow.  The perfect ending song to a perfect night, to a perfect weekend.  I love you Lindsey.     

No comments:

Post a Comment