Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Newsroom.

 It was June 29th, 2012.  I was in a hotel room near Washington, DC waiting so patiently for the next day.  The day I would be seeing Iron Maiden.  We had just driven 6.5 hours and my boyfriend was asleep after working the night before and then driving to DC straight from work.   I was hungry and bored and didn't want to venture away from the hotel without Martin, so I decided to stay in.  There were a limited number of channels on the tube and since I don't have HBO at home, I decided to tune in.  I think it was right after I watched a George Bush Sr. Documentary.. This happened.


I think this has to take number one in the category "Shows that grab your attention immediately".  It was like a word master jumped into my brain and gathered all of my thoughts, plus some, and put them together into the most epic speech ever.  It was such a real moment.  The moment I realized that I did actually understand something.  And that I am not the only cynic in this world.  

It took me this long to actually watch the entire season.  I just didn't have access to it.  I'm on a conscious kick.  I try not to illegally obtain things anymore..

I also never have time to watch it.

On my holiday break when the BF was working I decided to go into my.... umm..  that little "folder" on my desktop which the name remains anonymous.  I watched the entire first season in a day.  Then I took a shot in the dark and made Martin watch it, and to my surprise he actually liked it.  Yeah!!  I actually picked a cool show for once!!  Actually 2 if you count Happy Endings which he is really into!  I'm on a roll!

Anyways we watched the entire season together.  It was excellent.  You should all give it a shot.  It covers a lot of things that need to get attention.  It has a lot of criticism for the way it does things, but any time you have a political viewpoint, there are always those that have to bitch about it.  Because opinions are forbidden people.  Come on!  And Jeff Daniels looks pretty good in this.  Def kind of crushing on Will McAvoy. :)  And for the dudes, Olivia Munn caught the eye of my dear.  She's hot, right?

Favorite quote from the show.. It's hard.  There are a lot of goodies!  BUT

"I'm a marine!!  I will beat the shit out of you no matter how many protein bars you eat!"

 takes the gold!  I fucking LOVE Charlie!   

No comments:

Post a Comment