Attack on Titan: Season 1, Episode 1.. It's an Anime. 5/5 Stars
I'll start off with this one because I just now got done watching it. I'm still processing. It was excellent. Like I said I'm hard to please. And if I have to read subtitles it has some serious making up to do. I actually have been wanting to check this out for a while now thanks to a vlog I watch. I don't really watch anime, but after the raving review the vlogger gave this show I figured, eh what the hell. I almost bought it but I'm glad I didn't because it just appeared on Netflix today! Woot. I'll have to say I was super impressed with it. It isn't in English, but it has subtitles. I was actually drawn in from the very first scene. The story from what I got so far is that there is a city built inside of super huge, thick walls that protect them from the Titans. The titans are creepy naked giants with this really fucking weird smile on their faces. The titans lurk outside of the walls and haven't bothered the city in one hundred years. I won't spoil anything but I'm sure you can guess what happens. It is very dark and forward. It also keeps your attention very well. If you like anime. Watch this.
If you are my age (25) you remember this from Nickelodeon back in the 90's. It used to be a skit in All That and it got made into a movie. It's about a small burger joint that is in jeopardy of being shut down
due to a bigger burger joint going up across the street. It's funny, nostalgic, and I always did love the Goodburger skits. Welcome to goodburger home of the goodburger! So even if you didn't grow up in the 90's it's still a good watch. It's funny and has a good story to it and a good ending.
Waiting for Forever 3/5 stars
Meh.. This movie was too predictable for me. They tried adding some plot twists and diversions, but it just didn't work. It was cute. A nice little love story, but it didn't really stick out to me at all. Sadly it is one of the best romantic films I've seen on Netflix in a while, but it was kind of subpar. If you have some free time it will pass it. I wouldn't make time for it.
I'm trying to get into anime. I was feeling spontaneous and randomly picked this with my fiance. I wasn't intending to be serious with this pick. It is ridiculous. If you like ocean puns and an idiot squid girl who thinks she's invading earth like an alien by being stupid, this show's for you. She isn't very smart at all. If you're in to hot anime dudes though, the lifeguard is kind of hot rocking his 8 pack. I couldn't actually watch more than a few episodes. It was too much cheesiness and stupid for me. Maybe I need a greater sense
of humor. tsk.
Lillyhammer Season 2 5/5 stars
I'll admit that I only ever decided to watch Lillyhammer in the first place because I am a huge Springsteen fan. Stevie Van Zandt is the lead role. It's his show. He wrote it, he stars in it, he's a badass. Season 1 was fantastic so I was psyched for season 2. I can never get enough of Stevie Van Zandt being a mobster badass. It's amazing. He rocks. The show is actually really good. If I didn't like Stevie VZ I think I'd still like it. You also get to see Lillyhammer which looks like a pretty cool (freezing) place to live. I like culture. I like seeing new places. Anyone who can write a show just making themselves out to be a huge badass gets my 2 thumbs up.
I love Jake Johnson! I was happy to see he was in another cute movie. However this movie wasted my time. Anna Kendrick was terrible, the other actors/actresses were terrible, and the story didn't really even do anything. I don't even have anything to say. It was just bad. Maybe it was just not what I expected..
I generally like Seth Rogen. He's funny and has that cute chubbiness. He also is a really good actor. This movie was good. He takes his annoying lonely nagging mother on a surprise road trip to see her old lover. I won't give away anything, but there are some ups and downs between them and everything and they bond more/ argue like a mom and kid do. It's a feel good movie and I even may have cracked a smile.. That is if I was capable of showing emotion in a healthy way. It's cute. Watch it.
The Rebound 4/5 Stars
Ok this one is a typical chick flick which I tend to enjoy. No shame. I'm a woman, it's in my genes. I really like movies that I can relate to or that make me feel like I still have a small bit of heart left. There are also cute male role model with kids parts. I do enjoy seeing a young guy that is great with kids. Overall it is pretty typical. That isn't necessarily a bad thing for me. I can never get sick of love stories or heartbreak.
No comments:
Post a Comment