Monday, November 28, 2011

The Return of the TannenBomb!

So last year I decided to buy a Tannenbomb (from Thinkgeek of course) to kind of give myself a small amount of joy around this stressful and stupid time of the year.. (Brittany Scrooge I Know..) For some reason the TBomb went undiscovered and was stored away all year, only to make it's even more annoying comeback this year!! Now my parents may end up in divorce court over this, but I'm not ready to give it up yet. It's still way too funny watching them search for the sound. And it's soooooo cute when my 2 year old nephew helps grandpa look for it by repeating "Where that sound come from!" 

For those who don't know what a Tannenbomb is, it's a harmless little ornament that makes 4 random sounds at random intervals.. There's a cricket sound, a laughing elf sound (which almost gave it away), a beep, and a loud shreik. I'm not sure how my parents haven't noticed a robot and zombie ornament on the tree, but even with my dad standing next to the tree a good half an hour with his head right next to the ornament, he still has no clue where the sound is coming from. He was super worked up and crabby about it after a while.. I sat on the couch video recording him on my phone.. I was trying so hard not to laugh. I kept saying I could only hear a cricket and insisted on there being a cricket somewhere. The batteries have been changed in the smoke detectors and all of the electronic christmas decorations.. I feel bad about that, but whatever.. That's what happens when you have to put up a million dumb noisey decorations that my nephews LOVE annoying me with. I'll probably take the ornament down for a bit and then return it to the tree right before Christmas. I also got my friend to buy 2 of them for her house!

No comments:

Post a Comment