First off I apologize for how poorly this is written.. I can't seem to focus on anything today..
My best friend recently recommended that I watch American Horror Story on FX. I was skeptical at first and really put off watching it, but now I find myself frantically craving the newest episode. This show is really screwed up! It's twisted beyond belief and there really isn't anything being held back. (Sexually at least! ;) ) I can't say that I have seen a lot of screwed up horror films (because I haven't) but this honestly puts me in such a shocked state of mind, that the entire (about 40 mins un-commercialized) episode filters out every single thing of relevance in my mind, and fills it with sick twisted world of the Murder House. I've been reading into a lot of the back stories and character bios. The entire thing is a lot to take in, especially if you (like me) had no clue what you were getting yourself into. There is a lot of story being made and a lot of back stories to follow, that all kind of tie together. A lot of characters to keep track of. A lot of flashbacks that you need to be aware of. It's easy to get lost in it. (Maybe it's just me and my ADD) But anyways, I have been reading deeper into the characters and back stories and have found that it really is a pretty amazing piece of work. It's very creative with a very "old fashioned" murder/mystery feel to it. It honestly gives a feel of an old black and white mystery film. There are only 2 episodes left this season, and I'm sure it's going to kill me to wait until the next season of it. It's hard to wait a week.
My best friend recently recommended that I watch American Horror Story on FX. I was skeptical at first and really put off watching it, but now I find myself frantically craving the newest episode. This show is really screwed up! It's twisted beyond belief and there really isn't anything being held back. (Sexually at least! ;) ) I can't say that I have seen a lot of screwed up horror films (because I haven't) but this honestly puts me in such a shocked state of mind, that the entire (about 40 mins un-commercialized) episode filters out every single thing of relevance in my mind, and fills it with sick twisted world of the Murder House. I've been reading into a lot of the back stories and character bios. The entire thing is a lot to take in, especially if you (like me) had no clue what you were getting yourself into. There is a lot of story being made and a lot of back stories to follow, that all kind of tie together. A lot of characters to keep track of. A lot of flashbacks that you need to be aware of. It's easy to get lost in it. (Maybe it's just me and my ADD) But anyways, I have been reading deeper into the characters and back stories and have found that it really is a pretty amazing piece of work. It's very creative with a very "old fashioned" murder/mystery feel to it. It honestly gives a feel of an old black and white mystery film. There are only 2 episodes left this season, and I'm sure it's going to kill me to wait until the next season of it. It's hard to wait a week.
I guess I find this show so great because I really don't particularly care for anything scary or gruesome anymore (There is a lot of grossness/blood/dead people in AHS). I mean Halloween time I make exceptions, but in my adult years I just can't seem to enjoy scary movies like I used to. I'm not scared or anything by them, I just feel kind of uneasy watching them. It's an anxiety issue I suffer from. AHS gives me the horror thrill without the effects of modern movies. There's no jumpy scenes or heart racing scenes.. The props and makeup are superb (Burn Man and Rubber Man), the writing is surprisingly good, the actors are good ( Although Ben kind of annoys the hell out of me), and did I mention the awkward sexual stuff? The slutty maid is pretty creepy, but I'm pretty sure that's the point. It's just so creepy. All of it.. But it's so good. It will have you saying "What the F*ck??" at least 20 times an episode.. (Over-exaggeration) I also like how they are straight up with pretty much everything. They reveal a lot that most shows I think would drag out through the entire season. I also like the fact that there really isn't a "hot" male actor in the entire thing and I still seem to like it. (I was starting to think I only enjoyed shows with good looking guys in them :/ ) I highly recommend checking it out.. The entire season. You really can't just watch one episode and understand it to it's full awesomeness.
No comments:
Post a Comment