Sorry for the delay. Didn't mean to keep the zero people who read this waiting. Ended up still pretty sick yesterday from the heat and being dehydrated and tired from the weekend. Plus I had to do work.. :/ I hate my job.
Anyways.
To continue part one..
It was hot.. Hotter than anything I can ever remember. We made friends with all our neighbors and I felt so sick I was starting to worry I wasn't going to make it through the show. I sat against the barrier until Alice Cooper started. I think that gave me enough of a rest to survive the show, even though I felt pretty shitty still.
Alice Cooper was opening for Maiden. I wasn't too pumped about seeing AC. Never really got into him. He opened his show with Black Widow. I was digging it from the start. He was dressed up like a spider. Stage props were really cool. This dude is pretty old. I'm not worried about googleing him to see how old exactly he is, but he rocked out like he was a lot younger. He sounded good, one of his guitarists was smoking hot (He's famous so I'm allowed to say that!), and he also had a pretty sweet chick shredding away at guitar. The band liked throwing stuff into the crowd. Martin managed to snag a pick from the hot guitar player. I was amused with the pick because it is indented and gripped. I never knew such picks existed so now I have to buy some because these things are sweet! I also caught a 100$ Alice Cooper bill straight off the sword. I wonder what 100$ in Alice money can buy me??? Maybe his guitarist? So I will admit that downloading Alice Cooper is currently on my agenda for the week. I was really getting into it. And once the loud music started playing, I actually started to feel less like I was dying. I think maybe the adrenaline helped. Alice brought out a huge snake (And no, not the one that he was rocking in his nut-hugger spandex pants >.< ) I have a pretty good visual of that man's entire ummm.. Snake.. He played around a lot with swords and then they chopped Alice's head off with a guillotine. He came back out to sing School's out after that. I found it weird he never introduced the band or thanked the crowd, but I guess when you are there opening for Iron Maiden, you know the crowd is probably not there for you. But really, I dug the show and would have cheered like hell for them. The hot guitarist threw his shirt into the crowd and I was jealous I didn't get it.. Now, The long wait for Maiden..
Feeling super sick again now that the music stopped. I was really wishing Maiden didn't take forever to get on the stage. We had our neighbors to talk to, so it made the time go a little faster. Actually a really cool Dad and son were next to us. His son was probably 8 yrs old. Cute kid too! Doctor Doctor eventually came on and I got all excited and nervous and all that. Maiden was about to tear up the stage! They open with Moonchild. I can't say this is my favorite Maiden Setlist that they were playing, but it's Maiden, and I won't complain about anything they want to play. I won't go through every single song, but I guess the highlights of the show. Now we had one asshole that ended up ruining a few songs for us and at the end of the night he actually took my knee out being a dick. He had the nerve to ask the small kids dad next to us if he could take the kids spot on the barrier. The dad told him nicely to pretty much fuck off. Thankfully Martin is a pretty big guy and the kids dad let him know Martin was guarding me. He backed off for a while but then made his way to the other side of me where the other girl was standing. Her brother was with her, but he wasn't in to Maiden so he let the douche in right behind her. He seemed to be dry humping the girl but while trying to push her out of the way. He was rocking out obnoxiously and kept hitting me in the face and ear. Whatever, I expect contact at a show, but this guy was just a douche. When the band threw out their wristbands and stuff he rammed me out of the way and crushed my knee. (Martin was too busy getting Steve's wristband or he would have protected me.) The dude ended up taking my spot on the barrier, but the show was over and nothing else was being thrown.. (Haha fucktard!) I left my glasses on the barrier and had to tell the jerk to move so I could get my stuff. Besides that douche, everything else was great.
The stage was ice themed just like it was in the 80's for Maiden England. It has always been one of my favorite sets and albums for that matter. I was bummed they didn't have the ice organ for Seventh Son, but no biggy. Maybe they did have it, we just couldn't see it. There was definitely an organ somewhere. The 2 giant "statue" Eddies they brought out looked so amazing. Shiny, giant, super detailed. They were by far my favorite props to date. One was Clairvoyant like Eddie and the other was the Seventh son Ed.. He flamed at the head too. The walk on Eddie was a little disappointing.. Kind of Uncle Samish looking. I like SBIT walk on Eddie the best. This one just seemed kind of meh.. I actually think the Eddie's were the same ones from actual Maiden England.. Hard to tell with such back video quality on ME though. Can't wait for the remaster of that show! I also can't wait for the live DVD for this tour! The night went on and I have to say the highlight of the show was by far Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. The pyro was amazing, they used ridiculous amounts of fog to set the perfect mood for that song, and it was the first time played with all 3 guitarists!
Bruce didn't rant as much as he normally does. Maybe one rant. About colonies. The DC crowd may have been offended by his comment but I can't actually say I could make out what exactly he said.. When he got a kind of silent response, he turned it into a joke about maybe we didn't understand him with his English accent. He then proceeded to talk like a very high pitched American.. (He sounded rather queer.. but it was hilarious and he was still super sexy..) He made a few of his traditional not so funny but hilarious to him jokes.. One was about him not being covered with water but piss from the gods.. (Talking about being super hot and sweaty) He also made a snap at Nicko and his new green card and that turned into Nicko being a Martian..
I will say Steve Harris would earn the reward for beastliness for the night. This man gave 120% all night. Running, jumping, slamming that bass... Gah I wish I could be like Steve Harris..
Martin ended up catching Steve's wristband at the end of the night as I got my knee blown out.. I'm glad Martin caught it. I got to wear it. It smelled a little bad but I had the sweat of a god absorbing into my skin.. Totally worth it.. Martin hid it until we made it to the car. I don't blame him.. This year seems to be the year for douche bags. I wish everyone could just get along for the simple fact that this is Maiden and it is a bond / family.. But I guess people do just go there without knowing that. Maiden is different than other metal shows and I don't think everyone seems to understand that.
All in all.. I had a blast. Even feeling like passing out from the heat. I don't regret spending a ridiculous amount of money for the trip or for pit tickets. It's a memory that will last a lifetime and I'm glad I have someone to share this huge passion with. This won't be my last trip to see Maiden either. Right now I'm just really sad it's over. One show is not enough. :(
I'll post pictures too.. Just not now.
No comments:
Post a Comment