Oh how I hate Mondays... And when the weather first starts turning cold..
I didn't sleep well last night. Maybe it was the 11 hours I slept the night before, or maybe it was that damn Monster I drank..Or the Pumpkin Latte.. Maybe I was just so excited to start playing D&D today.. Who knows.. I'm tired though.. I think I need another Monster.
Anyways I slack a lot on blogging nowadays. I have no excuse. I just don't ever feel like doing it. Mainly because no one really even reads it. But today I need something to keep me awake, so typing a blog it is.
I kind of volunteered to do these crazy Wedding Programs for my friend's wedding. I always think something is going to be easier than it really is. (I'm an Optimus Prime!) I'm also trying to develop a portfolio for a job I was thinking about applying for.. Sad thing is, I have no faith in myself to actually apply for a job in graphic design. (Negatron) So I finally finished up the final page of the program this morning. It has 4 pages total. I must say I'm super super happy with the way they turned out. I designed everything from scratch. Besides the few vector shapes I used. Just to add fanciness. I'm not vector making good at all.. I'd love to share them with everyone, but I think I'll wait until the wedding is over to show them off. It's only a month away! Which brings me to my next point..
Being a Maid of Honor.... YIKES.. I need to write a speech! And speak in front of all of these weird people. I haven't even started the speech. I'm not really good at speaking in front of people either.. And I have to wear a dress and high heels.. :( I just figure I'll be an embarrassment to myself all evening, so whatever. I'm so glad my love will be there to cheer on my awesomeness. At least that's one thing that will be ok. I need to get my hair cut any dyed before this wedding. I have been rocking blond roots for months now. And a few greys too! I'm also rocking this awesome side bang curl too. I think it gives me this geeky dorky look. My bangs curl out for some reason. Not sure I want to part with the geeky bangs just yet, though.. I try to maintain them myself and in doing so, I have really screwed my hair up and I'm embarrassed to go to a salon and have them criticize my cutting skills! I also need to find a hairstyle for the wedding and get my brows plucked.. URRGH. Why am I a girl! I'm too lazy to be a girl..
So that's what's in my mind today.. But mainly it's the sleep thing.. Kind of in the mood to start eating fall food.. mhhmm Pumpkin.
Post a picture of your awesome program! And you in your bridesmaid dress too :)
ReplyDelete