There are no guarantees in life. As obvious as it sounds, you are not promised to wake up tomorrow, you are not promised to get to sit at the table tonight with your family and ANY or EVERY "thing" that is good in your life, can be taken away in the blink of an eye. That is how this "life" thing works.
I've been experiencing this a lot lately it seems.
As you live in a routine, things become the same day after day. It wears you down and eventually you stop appreciating what you shouldn't. You become annoyed with it, you start to ignore it, you start to just go through the motions of doing it. But think outside of routine for a moment. How would it feel to wake up without it? Weather it's a job or a person you love.
How would it feel to be without a job? To struggle? To lose something? To never be the same again? If something is a big enough part in your life that it has become routine, maybe you need to appreciate it more now than you ever have. I know I'm guilty more than anyone on not appreciating things. I guess usually you don't realize until it hits home. Hug your mom and dad, thank your boss for allowing you to have a job and support your family, play with your dog for an hour, go visit a family member you haven't seen in a while... because this may be the last time you get to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment